Development of a training program for supervisors to comply with the Canadian Nuclear Safety
Commission’s (CNSC) regulations - a security awareness program driven by 9/11 and the realization
that the entire industry faced a need for significant enhancements in their approach to security.
- Introductory project with Corporate Academy: analysis of Best Global Practices & Roadmap
for the Development of a Learning Portal.
- Development of new online course for IT-Security Training in 19 languages, including Japanese and Chinese.
UN Department of Peacekeeping Operation UN DPKO
Development of an online course for Gender Advisers and Gender Focal Points for use by 120,000
UN Peacekeeping and Field Operational Support staff worldwide.
DeepMap™ Eco – Nature conservation differently
As a partner of Heidelberg Mobil International GmBH RHL developed a smartphone app
in cooperation with The Nature Trust of New Brunswick Inc. which unites the environment and the people,
and promotes social sustainability. DeepMap Eco allows users to navigate to the Nature Trust of New Brunswick’s
34 preserves found throughout the province of New Brunswick in Canada.
- Location-based navigation to preserves and trail guides
- Education on important ecological features, fauna and flora from nature preserves in New Brunswick, Canada.
- News and updates about conservation in New Brunswick
- Upcoming events and volunteer opportunities
- Opportunities to become a partner, member or sponsor, and the chance to learn more about the organizations that support the Nature Trust of New Brunswick.
International trade training and professional certification organization
Update, revision and upgrade of a series of textbooks used for delivering
international trade training to a broad international audience, development of an extensive
exam question bank and update of lesson plans for online delivery of the courses.
This organization is the only organization of its kind in the world.
Presentation Skills Workshop
Contracted by the Trade Commissioner Services of New Brunswick and International Trade Canada
RHL provided several presentation skills trainings to the New Brunswick Women
in Business, New Exporters and other small manufacturers - one-day workshops, which enable
participants to create and deliver five-minute product and services presentations for trade shows and
export marketing missions - a combination of knowledge and on-camera selling insights,
presentation development, on-camera practice and coaching/ feedback.
Canadian Council of Professional Fish Harvesters
- Stewards of the Sea: Development of two training courses: Responsible Fishing Practices and Marketing.
Challenge: audience in remote regions with limited internet access and with high average age
partly making a non-eLearning approach necessary. Training materials had to be delivered in a
broad variety of formats, using different learning strategies: interactive training online
for limited broadband capacity and on CDROM; adapted version
for DVD player for meetings of interested fish harvesters including Organizer’s Handbooks, Attendee packs
and promotional materials, online forums for fish harvesters to discuss case studies and ideas in the courses.
- Managing the Enterprise: development of a bilingual module focused on the proper accounting
practices used to manage a fishing enterprise.
- Lobster Science Research: Development of a bilingual training tool to increase knowledge surrounding the lobster science
research within the fishing community.
Collaborations with EA Game Innovation Lab at the University of Southern California
- Redistricting Game: This game was launched from Capitol Hill in Washington D.C. in June 2007
with both Republican and Democrat support. The Annenberg Center funded the development of this
creative way to bring awareness to an issue that has traditionally been met with abject apathy –
the ins and outs of creating electoral boundaries in the US. The game was designed as a tool for
civic engagement and to educate American citizens about the complexities of the system – here’s
what one commentator had to say about the end result:
- "It is not easy to make the redistricting
process understandable -- and near-miraculous to be able to do so in a highly entertaining way.
But that is just what The Redistricting Game does, to the gratitude of all who want Americans
to understand how this process is working, and why it needs real reform."
- Norm Ornstein, American Enterprise Institute
- The New Deal: an economic simulator, or "game of life". It is based on
the works of Peter Gosselin, national economics correspondent for the Los Angeles Times,
and draws on data from the PSID (Panel Study of Income Dynamics) database out of the
University of Michigan. The game demonstrates the shift in economic risk from corporations
and government to the individual since the Roosevelt era.
- The New Deal 2: This game is designed to communicate the concepts of
financial stability and risk to a younger audience through a simplified game-play and a more
visual representation of risk.
Canadian Tourism Human Resources Council (CTHRC)
Development of online courses including Supervisor Training, Housekeeping Room Attendant Training and Tourism/Visitor Information Counsellor Training in both English and French consisting of three to four modules each. Used to prepare for a certification examination.